Greyparrot is hiring aOffice Manager and HR Administrator
Office Manager and HR Administrator
About the Role:
Working from the office in Bermondsey, this role is responsible for the smooth operations of our HQ and the administration of HR related tasks. We operate a hybrid working policy, but as we grow we need to have a consistent presence in the office - this role is in the office 5 days a week. This is an integral role to the people operations team and suits someone who is driven, a self-starter and keen to get involved in lots of different areas of the business.
Note: This role is not open to recruiters at this time.
A Typical Day in this Role Looks Like:
- Leading office related admin, including office utilities, welcoming visitors, helping with deliveries and ensuring a comfortable working environment
- Ordering of office supplies
- Supporting the administration of team events
- Supporting the operations team when required for deliveries/pick ups
- Support the company in booking travel and accommodation
- Recruitment admin, including managing the online adverts and responding to candidates
- People admin, including working on HiBob HR management system
The world is in a waste crisis. Currently, we produce 2.1 billion tons of solid waste per year. Data collection of the waste we produce is non-existent, meaning no systematic transparency and no accountability. It means that recycling targets are not upheld, dumping of waste into our oceans remains nobody's responsibility, recyclables get sent to landfill or incineration, and producers get away with sub-standard packaging. Thus, recycling rates stubbornly remain at 10% and, unless we change, by 2040 the plastic stock in the ocean will have quadrupled - a problem that already costs society $1.5 trillion each year.
Our mission is to increase transparency and automation in waste management to accelerate the circular economy. Currently, our camera system and AI software are deployed in recycling plants and waste facilities around the world to measure material flows and provide waste analytics. We have compiled a team of experts to deploy our technology and we’re looking to expand our team.
- 2+ years experience in an operations, talent or administration role at a startup (e.g., less than 100 people)
- Tech savvy, including using the latest tools to streamline administrative processes
- High level of trustworthiness and discretion, including attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the confidence to work independently, prioritise responsibilities, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to be based in the office, at 5 days per week
- Passion for addressing the waste crisis or other environmental issues
It would be a plus if you had:
- A European language (e.g., French, German, Spanish, Italian)
- Previous experience using Recruitee or any other applicant tracking system
- 💰 Competitive Salary: Salary band available upon application.
- 📈 Employee Stock Option Scheme: Be part of our success and share in the growth with stock options.
- 🏖️ 25 Days Holiday + BH: Embrace a generous annual leave, with 25 days plus bank holidays to recharge and rejuvenate. Additionally, carry over up to 3 unused holiday days each new year (UK employees only).
- 🍏 Unlimited Healthy Snacks: Fuel your day with a variety of fresh fruit, tea, coffee, and healthy snacks every time you’re in the office.
- 👶 Enhanced Parental Leave: Experience comprehensive support with enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, or shared parental leave.
- 🎓 Learning and Development Budget: Invest in your professional growth with a dedicated budget and support from Sunlight for £500 per year.
- 🧘♂️ 1-1 Mental Health Support: Prioritize your mental well-being with personalized support and 1-1 therapy provided by Spill.
- ☀️ Summer Friday Half-Days: Celebrate the warmer months with Friday half-days.
- 🚴 Cycling Benefits: Take advantage of our cycle to work scheme, allowing you to purchase a bicycle through salary sacrifice, saving at least 26%, or opt to rent a bicycle for up to 12 months.
- 💼 Home Office Budget: Enhance your remote work setup with a yearly budget of £500 dedicated to equipping your home office with the tools and resources you need for optimal productivity.
- 🌍 Nomad Working: Immerse yourself in the freedom of nomadic work with our 12-day allowance, in your chosen remote locations.
A Few Things to Note
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, however, we are aiming to shortlist candidates between 18-26th January, and invite for an in-person interview on the 31st January. Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered at this time. We are 100% committed to building a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.
Office Manager and HR Administrator
Posted 1 month ago
- 🏢 Bermondsey (London)
- ⏰ Full-time
Sustainability at Greyparrot
We aim to ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns by deploying AI technologies to increase recycling rates and manage waste efficiently. Our technology contributes to responsible waste management and the promotion of a circular economy.
We actively combat climate change by improving waste management, reducing landfill use, and minimizing the environmental impact of waste. By analysing and improving waste management processes, we aim to significantly decrease greenhouse gas emissions.