CleanHub is hiring aFrontend Engineer
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
CleanHub harnesses the power of tech to address one of the world's most pressing issues: ocean plastic.
Our lightweight platform enables effective waste management systems to be set up quickly in the coastal areas where they're needed most. Through our app we track and trace the entire logistics chain to provide the digital evidence for every kg of plastic that did not end up in our oceans. Check out our live dashboard
You will be joining CleanHub at a critical and exciting time. So far we financed the collection of 3’000’000kg (equivalent to 300 million soda bottles) of ocean bound plastic - now it’s time to scale the impact.
We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer to help us further develop our Impact Platform for Brand Marketeers, our demand-side product which enables our customers to not only manage their impact, but also communicate about their environmental impact journey with CleanHub. In this role you will be part of a cross-functional squad that includes engineering, design and product.
- Be a key part of the entire development lifecycle from requirements to deployment and running our applications in production
- Work closely with product management and design to improve the solutions
- Improve the robustness and reliability of the codebase
- Provide help with back-end tasks, when needed
- Help to refine & extend our architecture
- Deploy to production & support the operations of the production systems
A compelling reason why ocean protection is important to you
- 3+ years of experience in developing web-based user interfaces
- Experience in working with React
- Experience with React Native is a plus
- Basic knowledge of the Node.js ecosystem
- An obsession with clean, consistent and modern UI/UX
- You're focused, driven and know how to get the projects across the finish line
- You're development-oriented and want to learn together with your team continuously
- Work independently and take responsibility and ownership of your work
- Passion for clean and consistent code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- You're empathetic, humble and love to help your teammates
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Based in Berlin
Join our impact-driven team to build software that can yet save our oceans.
- The chance to leave a mark and personally impact an early-stage startup: you will work directly with the founders on a disruptive product in a market set for exponential growth
- As one of the early engineers you have a chance to contribute to shaping the architecture of the CleanHub ecosystem
- Opportunities to learn and experiment are part of the job
- We encourage ownership and open communication so that everybody feels engaged in the dynamic of the group
- We will provide you with a professional developer setup, including a Macbook Pro
- We offer competitive salaries and equity packages. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value broad diversity. We consider all applications equally. We will not react to outreach from recruiting agencies, freelance is not an option.
*Please note that we will review your application at the beginning of January 2024.
CleanHub uses the power of software to reduce ocean-bound plastic by 50% before 2030. We build digital tools to track and scale plastic collection in coastal regions around the world. CleanHub partners with sustainable consumer brands to finance the collection of ocean-bound plastic with every product they sell. Read more about us on our website.
Posted 2 months ago
- 🏢 Berlin
- ⏰ Full-time
Sustainability at CleanHub
We are tackling SDG 14 by employing software solutions to reduce ocean-bound plastic. By partnering with sustainable consumer brands, we finance the collection of ocean-bound plastic, making significant strides in conserving and sustainably using the oceans, seas, and marine resources.
We address SDG 12 by working towards ensuring sustainable consumption and production patterns. We accomplish this by creating an equal economy for non-recyclable plastic, turning waste into value and promoting recycling and sustainable disposal methods.