One Tree Planted is hiring aCarbon Technical Specialist
Carbon Technical Specialist - Remote
Carbon · Remote, New York (Remote)
One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is as soon as possible.
A versatile position at a nonprofit that wants to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Together we can restore forests, create habitat for biodiversity, and make a positive social impact around the world.
Reports to our Head of Nature Based Solutions
- Collaborate with a diverse global team to develop certified nature-based solutions (NBS) projects including reforestation, agroforestry, and mangrove restoration.
- Lead technical aspects of all phases of project design including Project Idea Notes, Feasibility Studies, and Project Design Documents for major carbon standards.
- Provide support to partners on site eligibility assessments, quantifying carbon yields and assessing eligibility parameters.
- Coordinate the work of third-party technical partners collaborating on various projects.
- Assist with field surveys to quantify baseline stocks and emissions scenarios.
- Elaborate reports and evaluate third party ones related to monitoring, reporting, and verification of carbon sequestration, socio-economic development, and biodiversity enhancement.
- Serve as a trusted knowledge resource on carbon sequestration modeling and major carbon standards, for our organization as well as our partners.
- Master’s degree in an environmental science discipline; a Forestry degree is a plus.
- 5+ years in project management, research, and/or field practice related to forest carbon/NBS.
- Good understanding and practice of biomass sequestration modeling.
- Experience working with carbon standards and methodologies (specially Verra and Gold Standard)
- Familiarity with tools such as remote sensing, statistical software, programming languages, and automation. Quality data management and processing is essential.
- Fluent in English. Professional competency in other major languages is a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- COMPENSATION: typical starting range will be determined based on skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Health and Wellness plans
- Retirement plans with competitive employer contribution
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
Short cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Responsibilities, duties may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Carbon Technical Specialist
Posted 1 month ago
- 🏠 Remote
- ⏰ Full-time
Sustainability at One Tree Planted
We actively contribute to SDG 13 - Climate Action through our reforestation efforts. We work towards offsetting carbon emissions and reducing the impact of climate change by planting trees around the world.
Our work resonates with SDG 15 - Life on Land. We strive to protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, manage forests sustainably, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and biodiversity loss.